***THIS IS NOT A REMOTE JOB***
Trelar Logistics is seeking a Software Engineer for our B2B applications and platform.
As a Software Engineer, you’ll focus on developing and maintaining engineering products within our line of marketplace, SaaS and mobile solutions.
You’ll collaborate with product, engineering and the executive team to translate concepts, ideas, and requirements into new solutions. As a well-funded startup, we move fast so critical thinking, flexibility, a sense of urgency, humor and teamwork are the key qualities we look for. You must be able and willing to work adeptly with other engineers, product managers, and senior management because we are not looking for the Lone Ranger.
The Software Engineer will code, test, and debug server-side, front end and mobile applications using n-tier design, as well as participate in the integration of solutions with other IT systems. Position would report to Engineering.
The role will include the following responsibilities:
- Utilize great communication skills, you will be working with a variety of folks in multiple geographies, in an agile environment, being able to express yourself clearly is critical
- Proactive and diligent problem solving with an eye towards innovative solutions design
- Understanding of the full software life cycle from requirements gathering, specification, design, coding, design patterns, writing user documentation and end user support.
- Manage individual priorities; able to break tasks into smaller tasks with documentation with ballpark estimates
- Design and develop application components and reusable components
- Perform manual and automated testing of code, develop test cases and unit tests
- Curiosity, attention to detail and you understand the difference between an opinion and an option
- Hands-on experience developing with libraries: React, ReactNative, Spring Framework, d3js, bootstrap, Hibernate, AWS, Here.com
- Able to perform multi-table queries in SQL directly or using an ORM framework
- Enjoys the fun challenges of a startup environment
- Able to communicate with an onshore and offshore engineering team
- Able to declare why you are awesome in your cover letter and that you can pass a coding test in an interview
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering related field, or equivalent experience
- Full stack to us means you can do front end, back end, databases, and install it all on a server. You may be asked to do that or demonstrate it during the interview.
- 2+ years of mobile experience and have published an iOS or Android application
- Must be able to set your own priorities, you will often be called upon to solve complex issues
Performance will be determined by:
- Ability to complete a programming assignment from start to finish without assistance
- Ability to break down a task into subtasks and write them as a Jira ticket
- Ability to learn / apply web development best practices
- Ability to manage and provide feedback on application design
- Provide constructive input and analysis on assignments and code reviews
- Ability to ask meaningful questions to dissect problems and provide documentation
- Ability to communicate well with members of QA, Services, UX, Customers and Product Management
- Dog friendly
- Competitive compensation with equity
- Founded by industry veterans with a track-record
- Unlimited PTO, and excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision, and life coverage
Founded in 2018, Trelar is a well-funded start-up developing a B2B, SaaS-enabled marketplace for a $150B market segment of the $10T construction industry.
Our leadership team comes from companies that include Vignette, Netscape, Amazon, uShip and other category killers. We recently closed our second round of institutional funding with top-tier, international investors from within the sector. We have already established a strategic relationship with a $20B construction market leader and have been revenue-generating seven months from concept inception.
No recruiter or staffing agencies please